The Five Love Languages are a tool to help us discover how we best receive love as well as how we can better love all of the most important people in our lives. Join us in our six-week “love language experiment” to reset our relationships and kick off 2021 with intentionality!
Discussion Questions for The Five Love Languages Pt6 | February 7, 2021
- Check in on how the week is going. Does anyone have a celebration to share from the past week – a way they can brag on their spouse for something they did that made you feel loved? (If your spouse has already completed their act of service for you, you can brag on them for that!)
- If anyone in the group has Acts of Service as their primary love language, ask them to share a little about what that is like for them. Ask a question such as, “What resonates with you when we talk about acts of service as an expression of love?” Allow group members to ask them questions as well in order to gain a little more insight from their perspective.=
- What stood out to you from the sermon? Did you hear any ideas that were new? Encouraging? Challenging?
- How freely do you express acts of service to others?
- Think of a memorable time someone served you. What makes that act of service stand out in your mind?
- What were the most helpful concepts or takeaways for you from this series?
- What did you learn about yourself in this series? About your spouse?
- Which love language experiment challenge was the most stretching for you? Which was your favorite?
- What’s one way you will continue to speak your spouse’s primary love language to them?
*Did you know you can subscribe to love language emails (at 5lovelanguages.com/subscribe) for practical tips, links to articles & blogs, etc.??? (It’s a great way to keep these concepts in front of you so it’s not something you learn once and then forget or stop using!)
Love Language Experiment Reminders:
- If you haven’t already, set a goal on your Love Nudge app for this week. Remember, the challenge was to ask your spouse, “What’s one thing I can do for you this week to help lift your load?” and to follow through and do it.
- Keep tracking your love tank on the app and discussing it daily with your spouse.