The Five Love Languages are a tool to help us discover how we best receive love as well as how we can better love all of the most important people in our lives. Join us in our six-week “love language experiment” to reset our relationships and kick off 2021 with intentionality!
Discussion Questions for The Five Love Languages Pt4 | January 24, 2021
- Check in on how the week is going. Does anyone have a celebration to share from the past week – a way they can brag on their spouse for something they did that made you feel loved?? How is it going tracking your love tank and talking about it each day?
- Tell us how your quality time went! What activities did you do? Did your spouse come up with a really good question to ask you that you’d like to share? Were you surprised by any of your spouse’s answers/did you learn anything new about your spouse?
- If anyone in the group has Words of Affirmation as their primary love language, ask them to share a little about what that is like for them. Ask a question such as, “What resonates with you when we talk about using words as an expression of love?” Allow group members to ask them questions as well in order to gain a little more insight from their perspective.
- What stood out to you from the sermon? Did you hear any ideas that were new? Encouraging? Challenging?
- Does anyone know how to say, “I love you,” in any language other than English?
- What are a couple of differences in a sincere compliment and empty flattery?
- Can anyone recall a compliment they received more than ten years ago? If so, why do you think you still remember it?
Love Language Experiment Reminders:
- If you haven’t already, set a goal on your Love Nudge app for this week. Remember, the challenge was to give a compliment (words of affirmation, encouragement, kindness) to one person every day during this week.
- Keep tracking your love tank on the app and discussing it daily with your spouse.