In this week’s message, Pastor Stephen Redden discusses the importance of having close, intentional friendships and the weekly habit of having a one hour conversation with a close friend.
Discussion Questions for Common Practices Pt 6 | May 24, 2020
Key Passage: Genesis 2:18, John 15:12-15
- As you think back on your life, when did you form your closest friendships? What do you or did you appreciate about those friends?
- Describe the process of how you developed your close friends – what characteristics about them drew you together, and what circumstances helped you grow a friends?
- Has it become more difficult for you to maintain friendships or make new ones as you get older? If so, explain how so.
- Of the three necessary components of developing friendships (proximity, repeated interactions, and vulnerability), which have been most challenging for you personally for maintaining friendships or developing new ones?
- What’s your next step for practicing this habit? What person or people do you want to reach out to?
- Read this chapter of The Common Rule by Justin Whitmel Earley
- Watch the video by Justin Whitmel Earley for this chapter here online.
- Decide which friend(s) you want to reach out to this week and how you want to do it.