In the third week of our Common Practices series, Pastor Stephen Redden discusses the daily habit of sharing a meal with others.
Discussion Questions for Common Practices Pt 3, A Daily Meal with Others | May 3, 2020
Key Passage: Luke 7:34, Isaiah 25:6-8
- How did your family eat meals growing up (together, on your own, in front of the TV, etc)?
- How often do you eat meals on your own these days? What is your primary reason or motivation for eating alone?
- What makes a great shared meal for you? What kind of food, what setting, what people, etc?
- How have you experienced sharing meals as a way to build community? Share some of the most enjoyable meals you remember with friends or family.
- How have you experienced sharing meals as a way to open up conversation about faith?
- Read Isaiah 25:6-8. How does the description of God’s Kingdom as a party – a grand banquet – affect you you?