Today we look back and celebrate what God has done in our church in the past 10 years as we look forward to what he will do in the future. In our 10 year anniversary service, we hear from pastors Norton Herbst, Jason Malec, Dan Snyder, Emily Schulz, and Stephen Redden as they reflect on their experiences at New Denver.
Discussion Questions for NDC Turns 10 Celebration| October 6, 2019 | Click here for a printable version of the discussion questions.
Key Passages: 1 Corinthians 3:7, Joshua 4: 1-8
- How would you describe your experience and disposition toward birthdays and anniversaries?
- Reflect on what New Denver Church has meant to you. Share one or two key memories or reasons for gratitude.
- Think about your own life. As you look back, what key events (aside from wedding days or the birth of children) are like cairns that mark your personal journey?
- Are you someone who pauses to remember and celebrate when God moves in your life? If so, how have you done this? If not, why not?
- How are tangible objects–like a pile of stones–helpful for marking meaningful events or seasons?
- Do you have any meaningful objects like this? Share with the group.
- If you had the opportunity to create or make an object to describe God’s work in your life over the past few months or year, what would it be? Feel free to brainstorm creatively with the group.
- Consider actually making that object this week. Perhaps spend some time pausing to remember and celebrate.
- Pray for New Denver Church this week as we enter a new decade of ministry. Pray that God would help us take new risks and trust in him. Ask God to show you your part in this vision.