Lent is a 40-day period of time that leads up to the celebration of Easter. We think it is one of the best opportunities to explore your spiritual journey and pursue wholeness and healing in life. This year we’re journeying together through the book of Luke, looking at interactions Jesus had with others throughout his life. This week we look at a story where Jesus challenges our priorities.
Title of Series: Lent 2019, Week 4 | March 31, 2019 | Click here for a printable version
Key Passage: Luke 10:38-42
- As a refresher, ask if someone in the group could recap the sermon in their own words. Read Luke 10:38-42 out loud as well.
- What was it like to spend 15 minutes alone with God during the service? Is this a muscle you flex often? Did it feel natural, uncomfortable, etc.?
- Is there anything you sensed God might be saying to you in this time that you’d like to share with the group? (Whenever we think God might be speaking to us, it’s always healthy to bounce it off other followers of Jesus that we trust to help us discern if it’s in line with His Word and character.)
- What is a worry or distraction that you’re carrying today? Share, and then spend some time praying for one another.
- Consider making it a practice to regularly spend time alone with God – you might start with 15 minutes a day, or an hour once a week…whatever time you can dedicate to getting away with minimal distractions to focus on Him. Choose some game plan to try this week, and share with the group what you’ll do.