The first letter we have written to the earliest followers of Jesus has a surprising message for us.
Discussion Questions for Gift & Worth (Galatians) Part 8 | October 21, 2018 | Click here for a printable version.
Key Bible Passage: Galatians 4:12-31
1. Read Galatians 4:19. What does Paul mean when he says “until Christ is formed in you”? When you hear the word “form,” what connotations or examples come to mind?
2. From Galatians 4:21-31, Paul uses the story of Sarah and Hagar to suggest “we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman” (v. 31). What do you think he meant by that?
3. The message suggested that faith requires letting go of control in our lives. What areas of our lives do we try to control the most?
4. When is an instance recently that you took a risk, trusted God, and let go of control in a specific area of your life?
5. Eugene Peterson said, “The life of freedom is a life of receiving, of believing, of accepting, of hoping.” Which of those four words do you most need to hear right now?
6. Faith is not simply a personal or private expression. How can your group encourage you to let go of control or help you in your faith journey?
Write down on a card: “This week, I am not going to try and control _________________” and fill in the blank. It could be a person, situation, hope, or outcome. Put this card somewhere you can see it each morning so that it can become your prayer for the day.