Today marks the sixth week of our current series, Generation to Generation. In this message, Pastor Stephen Redden urges us to consider what it might look like for the church to engage the emerging generations.
Discussion Questions for Generation to Generation Pt6 | February 9, 2020 | Click here for a printable version of the discussion questions.
Key Passages: Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Matthew 22:34-40
- What was the spiritual or religious experience of your childhood like?
- Who are the biggest spiritual influences of your life? How did they have an influence on your spiritual journey?
- What were some barriers to faith for your generation in your formative adolescent and young-adult years? How did these influence you?
- When you think about the challenges of life and culture today, what are some of the biggest barriers emerging generations face in coming to faith?
- What are some ways that NDC as a church community can help emerging generations overcome these barriers?
- Think about how you might be able to be part of influencing emerging generations at NDC. If you’re a parent of kids at NDC, how might you be able to cultivate relationships with older men or women who might be positive faith role models. If you’re not a parent, how could you come alongside parents or young people to help in this process?