In the second week of our series, Generation to Generation, pastor Norton Herbst explains the formative events and paradigms of each generation. Ultimately, this leads to us asking — how do the experiences of each generation impact their faith journey?
Discussion Questions for Generation to Generation Pt2 | January 12, 2020 | Click here for a printable version of the discussion questions.
Key Passages: Lamentations 5:19, Psalm 145:3-4, Luke 1:46-50
- Using the chart below: what generation were your parents? How did they fit some of the characteristics described of their generation?
- What about you? What is your generation? How were you shaped by some of the characteristics described of your generation?
- If you could pick other songs or films that represent the tendencies and outlook of your generation, what would they be?
- Spend some time talking about faith. How is the journey of faith influenced by the characteristics of each generation represented in the group?
- How did this message challenge you specifically regarding your own generation?
- Who did you think of that is not in your generation and how did this message challenge you specifically regarding them?
- This message is less about doing something and more about becoming aware of something. This week, be aware of the tendencies and challenges you discussed in your group.