Today kicks off our new series, Generation to Generation. In this message, pastor Stephen Redden discusses the divisiveness surrounding generational differences and the healing power of the gospel.
Discussion Questions for Generations to Generations, Pt 1 | January 5, 2020 | Click here for a printable version
Key Passages: Exodus 3:15, Galatians 3:26-29
- What generation are you part of? How are things different today in 2020 than they were when you were a kid?
- What generalizations have you heard about your generation? How do you feel about how accurate or inaccurate these are for you and your peers?
- How can these generalizations about people from a particular generation be helpful? How can they be hurtful?
- Read Exodus 3:15. What do you think is the significance of God emphasizing to Moses that he is a God who is the same from generation to generation?
- Read Galatians 3:26-29. How is Paul encouraging his readers to think about the diversity within their church community? What implications does that have for us as we think about relationships at NDC?
- Are there any ways you are aware that you have biases (positive or negative) toward older or younger people?
- What are fears or anxieties you have about relationships with older or younger people?