Lent is a 40-day period of time that leads up to the celebration of Easter. We think it is one of the best opportunities to explore your spiritual journey and pursue wholeness and healing in life. This year we’re journeying together through the book of Luke, looking at interactions Jesus had with others throughout his life. This week we look at a story from Jesus’ life that gives us perspective on how we can face the challenges we face in life.
Title of Series: Lent 2019, Week 3 | March 17, 2019 | Click here for printable version.
Key Passage: Luke 8:22-25
- It was a crazy weather week in Denver. What’d you do Wednesday during the cyclone bomb?
- Think back in your life. Have you ever faced an unexpected storm? If you feel comfortable, share some of the details with your group.
- Talk about a time where you were in the middle of an unexpected storm and felt like Jesus was gone or had forgotten about you.
- What are some common things, behaviors, actions, etc. that people you know (or you) turn to instead of Jesus in the midst of an unexpected storm?
- Do you have a story of going through a storm with Jesus from your life? What are some of the positive outcomes of that experience that you can attribute to Jesus?
- Is there an area of your life where you – with Jesus, need to set sail? If you feel comfortable, share with the group. Be willing to ask for help.
This week, whether you’re facing a storm or not, start each day asking God to give you faith in areas of your life that you cannot control.