Kids’ Ministry and Communications Director
NDC is currently searching for a Kid’s Ministry and Communications Director. The details are below.
Overall Role: About two-thirds of this role is focused on Kids’ Ministry Sunday environments, volunteers, and special events. The other third is for overseeing churchwide communication. Note: This role could be split into two smaller positions, so if you’re interested in ONLY the Kids’ Ministry or ONLY the Communications aspect, just let us know that in your application.
Hourly Wage Range: $18-24/hr
Reports To: Emily Schulz
Key Ministry Responsibilities and Spiritual Duties:
- Prepare curriculum & supplies for all Sunday Kids’ Ministry environments (4 hrs/wk)
- Oversee Kids’ Ministry volunteer team, i.e., recruit, schedule, train, appreciate, etc. (2 hrs/wk)
- Oversee Kids’ Ministry environments on Sundays (2.5 hrs/wk)
- Manage Kids’ Ministry areas of the building, i.e., clean, organize, buy/restock supplies, etc. (1.5 hrs/wk)
- Work on additional Family Ministries projects and assist in planning and executing Family Ministries events (2 hrs/wk)
- Oversee regular communication to our congregation, i.e., emails, texts, letters, etc. (2 hrs/wk)
- Manage social media and website updates (2 hrs/wk)
- Create and manage online event registrations (2 hrs/wk)
- General oversight of all media, branding, logos, and communication (2 hrs/wk)
- General administrative and all-staff duties, i.e., general emails, staff & supervisor meetings, personal expense reports, event assistance, etc. (4 hrs/wk)
- Adhere to current NDC Membership and Leadership Covenants
- Spiritual maturity and strong character
- Regular attendance in NDC worship service, discipleship groups, & events
- Some hours/tasks can be completed remotely; must be available to work 8 hours a week on-site including Sunday mornings for worship services and Tuesdays for in-person meetings, etc.
- Attention to details; precision; accuracy; timeliness; good writer; organized
- Self-motivated; takes initiative; ability to work well on one’s own
- Familiar with child development; understands children’s needs and how they learn
- Ability to lead teams or groups of people
- Clear, gracious, and friendly communication with congregation and outsiders
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, click here.