For the time being, we are using Zoom conference calling to host an online worship gathering at 9am on Sundays. Our time together includes some worship, prayer, and teaching—all from the comfort of your living room couch! We know this seems unconventional and feels a bit weird, but drastic times call for drastic measures! So, please make every effort to join us online at 9am each Sunday until we can restart in-person worship services. You probably have some questions:
- What if I cannot join at 9 am on Sunday? Let’s be honest, what else are you going to do on Sunday morning? Play golf? Go out to breakfast? Work out at the gym? Nope. NDC is pretty much your only option. That said, if you do miss it, we will record our online gathering and make it available later on the NDC Messages page, the NDC Youtube channel, and by audio on our podcast later Sunday morning.
- Can I wear pajamas? Yes, this is your opportunity.
- Will everyone else see me? Yep. You can disable your video if you like, but wouldn’t it be great to see other human faces?
- Will people hear my dog barking or kids screaming in the background? Nope, we will mute everyone. There may be a few times where we provide an opportunity for you to share or participate, but most of the time your audio will be muted.
- How will we take up an offering? Most people give online now, but some of you do give in person on Sundays. Would you please consider giving online? It’s quite easy and very secure. You can donate a one-time gift or set up a recurring gift. And there is no cost if you have your gift taken directly from your checking/bank account. All the details are on this page.
- Will there be technical problems? Probably. 🙂 We will try to keep it simple and if we have any issues, we’ll figure them out on the fly. But we think doing this is worth it and we hope you’ll be patient.
- So, how do I connect? We’re using a service called Zoom. We recommend using a laptop or computer with a camera. There is a link below that you will click. If you’ve never used Zoom, it will ask you to download the software and set up an account (don’t worry, it’s free!). Installing the software on your computer or the app on your phone will provide the best experience. Don’t get intimidated; it’s fairly simple. Once you do that, you can join the video conference call easily on Sunday mornings. If it doesn’t work or you have issues just click to join from your browser. We will try to provide some tips along the way.
If you don’t have internet access, you can always join us by phone:
+1 253 215 8782 US or +1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 817 533 829