[This page has been updated to reflect the most recent information regarding our worship services while the Coronavirus pandemic continues.]
We have two services at 8:30am and 10am every Sunday. We meet in a historic church building at 700 Bonnie Brae Blvd in central Denver near the University of Denver, Wash Park and the Cherry Creek shopping area. Just find Bonnie Brae Ice Cream (you already know where it is!) and go north a block to the intersection of University and Exposition Ave. There is parking behind the church, which can be accessed from Exposition Ave. There is also parking along Exposition Ave. and Bonnie Brae Blvd. You can enter the church from the parking lot or from Bonnie Brae Blvd.
ADA Access is available at both services. We have handicapped parking spots and a ramp is located on the southwest side of the building (facing Bonnie Brae Blvd.) for the mobility-impaired. ADA restrooms are located on the main level.
Our services last about an hour and include an update on what is happening in our community, singing, prayers, and a time of teaching. We sing newer songs written by modern artists and some well-known hymns of older times. During the teaching time (sermon), we usually explore and explain a passage of the Bible. Once a month we celebrate communion (also called the Lord’s Supper or Eucharist). It’s open to anyone who follows Jesus, but participation is optional.
This is important: you don’t have to dress up to attend New Denver Church. In fact, we’re pretty casual and laid back. When you come, hopefully you’ll meet some new people and connect in meaningful ways with others. But if you just want to come, sit in the back, and “check things out,” that’s fine too. Our main goal is to help everyone on their journey of faith, whether you’ve been a Christian for decades or exploring spirituality for the first time.
Important Health Guidelines During Coronavirus
We want to make attending New Denver Church on Sundays as safe as possible. We have taken numerous precautions to minimize health risks, as recommended by the CDC (and some required by local ordinances). If you choose to join us, here is what we ask of you:
- Please stay home if you are sick. We cannot over-emphasize that this is the primary way of protecting each other. If you or others in your family have any symptoms of illness, or have been exposed to others that you know are ill, please stay home. We are livestreaming our services at http://newdenver.live for those who must stay home.
- RSVP ahead of time for the service you would like to attend by clicking the button below (or download the Church Center app for iOS or for Android on your mobile device). We are using this registration for planning purposes to help limit our capacities. NOTE: RSVP’ing does not guarantee you a seat in the sanctuary. We encourage everyone to show up at least 10 minutes early. If you arrive and the sanctuary is already full to our 50 person capacity, overflow seating will be available as long as there is room. Thanks for your patience!
NDC has never been a “livestreaming” church. We think being together in-person is central to the experience of worshiping together and being part of a community of faith.
But, we recognize these are unique times. We know that some may be sick or exposed and have to stay quarantined at home. Others are at higher risk of infection or have medical conditions that make them especially vulnerable. So during this season, we will livestream our worship service at both the 8:30am and 10am times on our Youtube channel.
Please note that we will continue to make the audio podcast of the sermon available on our website each week, but we will not record the video for later viewing. So if you want to participate and cannot make it to an in-person service right now, set your alarm for 8:30am or 10am on Sundays!
In the past, we have had children’s environments where kids (infants through 5th grade) can learn about God while parents attend the worship service. We have an amazing group of volunteers that love investing in your kids and helping you nurture their faith.
Unfortunately, because of current restrictions and risks, we cannot offer any children’s environments on Sunday mornings. But kids and families are still welcome and encouraged to attend the service at 8:30 or 10am together. You have three options:
- Sit together in the main sanctuary. Be sure to RSVP here online for your whole family before you come.
- If you’re worried that your kids might be loud and need to move around, you can sit outside on the grass. When the weather is nice (hopefully most summer and fall Sundays!), audio will be available outside so that you can hear the service. Bring lawn chairs! (If your kids do want to run around, be courteous of others and practice social distancing.)
- An overflow room with a livestream video feed of the service will be available upstairs in the Loft (where elementary kids normally meet). Families are welcome to watch the service up there as well. Masks, social distancing, and other practices will be required.