To fully live out our value of mission – to share the love of Jesus in word and deed with those in our spheres of influence – we need to capitalize on the creativity and insight of our entire congregation. Each one of us has unique insight on the opportunities and needs that exist around us in this city. To help make these great ideas become reality NDC offers mission grants.
A mission grant is a financial investment of up to $500 to help make the great ideas of our congregation for how to share the love of Jesus in word and deed become reality. Whether it’s an event to build community in your neighborhood, serving the needs of under-served people in our city or creating a unique way to show love to those who need it most we want to hear from you.
Individuals or groups who apply must meet the following qualifications:
- A regular attender of NDC, who’s been attending NDC for at least six months
- Someone who has demonstrated their commitment to the mission and vision of NDC (a member or someone actively involved serving in some volunteer role).
Wisdom must be a guiding principle when planning an activity to be supported by a mission grant. The activity must honor Jesus’ teaching to love God and others, and the activity should be a tangible expression of that love.
Grants will be available to pay up to $500 per person/group. Up to two people from one family can receive grants in one year. Applicants must be at least eight years or older and if under the age of eighteen must be working in partnership with a parent, guardian, or NDC staff person.
Funds are limited, and grants will be awarded based on factors such as consistency with NDC’s vision and values, creativity, need, and participation in New Denver Church.
- Applicants must complete the mission grant application and speak to an elder or staff member before getting final approval.
- An estimate of expenses must be provided during the application process with as much detail as possible.
- If you are approved for a grant, 50% (up to $250) will be given to you up front. Afterwards, when you provide an accounting of the costs with receipts, you will be reimbursed for any outstanding costs (up to total of $500).
- After the event, we ask that every grantee follow up to give an account of their experience by sharing stories, pictures, or video from their event. This gives us an opportunity to celebrate as a community and also provides ideas and inspiration for others within the community.
To apply for a mission grant simply fill out the application below and submit it. A staff member from NDC will follow up with you directly.