Times and Directions
We have two services at 8:30am and 10am every Sunday. We meet in a historic church building at 700 Bonnie Brae Blvd in central Denver near the University of Denver, Wash Park and the Cherry Creek shopping area. Just find Bonnie Brae Ice Cream (you already know where it is!) and go north a block to the intersection of University and Exposition Ave. There is parking behind the church, which can be accessed from Exposition Ave. There is also parking along Bonnie Brae Blvd on Sundays. You can enter the church from the parking lot or from Bonnie Brae Blvd.
ADA access is available at both services. We have handicapped parking spots and a ramp is located on the southwest side of the building (facing Bonnie Brae Blvd.) ADA restrooms are located on the main level.
What should you expect? Our services last about an hour and include an update on what is happening in our community, singing, prayers, and a time of teaching. We sing both newer songs written by modern artists and some well-known hymns of older times. During the teaching time (sermon), we usually explore and explain a passage of the Bible. Once a month we celebrate communion (also called the Lord’s Supper or Eucharist). It’s open to anyone who follows Jesus, but participation is optional.
You don’t have to dress up to attend New Denver Church. In fact, we’re pretty casual and laid back. When you come, hopefully you’ll meet some new people and connect in meaningful ways with others. But if you just want to come, sit in the back, and “check things out,” that’s fine too. Our main goal is to help everyone on their journey of faith, whether you’ve been a Christian for decades or you’re exploring spirituality for the first time.
Important Health Guidelines During Coronavirus
We want to make attending New Denver Church on Sundays as safe as possible. We cannot eliminate every possible risk, but we have taken numerous precautions to minimize health risks, as recommended by the CDC (and some required by local ordinances). If you choose to join us, here is what we ask of you:
- Please stay home if you are sick. We cannot over-emphasize that this is the primary way of protecting each other. If you or others in your family have any symptoms of illness, or have been exposed to others that you know are ill, please stay home. We are livestreaming our services at http://newdenver.live for those who must stay home.
- RSVP ahead of time for the service you would like to attend by clicking the green button below (or download the Church Center app for iOS or for Android on your mobile device). We are using this registration for planning purposes to help limit our capacities. NOTE: RSVP’ing does not guarantee you a seat in the sanctuary. We encourage everyone to show up at least 10 minutes early. If you arrive and the sanctuary is already full to our 50 person capacity, overflow seating will be available as long as there is room.
- Bring and wear a mask. It is a requirement of current local ordinances to wear a mask while you are on the property. (Hint: Bonus points for the most interesting masks!)
- Practice social distancing. You know the 6-foot rule by now. Seats in our sanctuary have been arranged to provide social distancing for individuals, families, or parties (those arriving together). Hallways and foyers have been cleared as much as possible; restrooms and other small spaces will be open to one individual at a time. Two additional entry/exits have been added to the sanctuary area to reduce congestion.
- Wash your hands. We have lots of hand sanitizer stations in the building . . . please use them when you enter and exit!
- Be aware that we have no children’s environments right now. More on that here.
Here are a few other thing we have done to minimize risks:
- Host team members will be outside to greet you and answer any questions you have.
- Doors will be propped open at entry and exit times.
- The service will last one hour or less.
- Coffee will not be served. 🙁 Be sure to load up before you come.
- No meet-and-greet handshake times. Socially-distancing air-high-fives encouraged.
- Windows will be opened in the sanctuary and foyer. Extra fans are installed to ensure good ventilation.
- We will not pass an offering basket, hand out bulletins, provide Bibles, or Connect Cards. When we practice communion, we will do so on a voluntary basis with pre-sealed containers.
- All seats and high-touch areas (doorknobs, faucets, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected before every service.
We know all of this will feel cumbersome and a bit awkward at first. So we ask for your patience and grace. Thanks.