On this Easter Sunday, pastor Stephen Redden walks us through the story of Jesus’ resurrection and its implications for our lives today.
Discussion Questions for Easter | April 12, 2020
Key Passages: Matthew 28
- What is your earliest memory of hearing the story of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection?
- Jesus’ own followers who were eyewitnesses had doubts. What doubt or skepticism do you have about the resurrection?
- What draws you or compels you to believe in the resurrection?
- It’s clear that the trajectory of the disciples’ lives were different after the resurrection. Has your encounter with the story of the resurrection altered your life trajectory? If yes, how? If no, share why you think that might be.
- If you remembered and really believed in the resurrection of Jesus, how do you think it might change how you live? How would it impact your fears and anxieties as well as your hopes and aspirations?
- How can we as a community help one another become people who live in light of the resurrection?
- Take a few moments each day to reflect on:
- Jesus’ life – how does it inform how you live?
- Jesus’ death – how does it free you from guilt and shame and give you a firm foundation of God’s love and acceptance?
- Jesus’ resurrection – how does it give you perspective on life’s joys and struggles?