This month we’re looking back to see the core decisions and commitments that shaped New Denver from the beginning. And we’re looking forward to dream about where we’re headed. Join us for this series leading up to the celebration of our ten-year anniversary on October 6.
Discussion Questions for NDC Turns 10, Part 5 – New World | September 29th, 2019| Click here for a printable version of the questions.
Key Passages: Genesis 1:1, 12:1-3; Deuteronomy 4:5-7; 1 Kings 8:41-43; Psalm 67:1-3; Micah 4:1-3; Matthew 19:27-28, Revelation 7:9, 21:1-5
- What places have you visited outside of the U.S.? Which one was the most impactful spiritually for you and why?
- Why do you think it is so easy for us to talk and think about “changing the world” and then get discouraged or complacent in doing anything about it?
- Make a list of some easy ways we can engage what God is doing in a group of people or place in the world very different from us. Take your time and come up with as many specific ideas as you can.
- What keeps you from engaging one or two of these practices?
- Do you think God is mad at us when we don’t do something like go on a trip or pray or give money? If so, why do you think that? If not, how does he feel?
- Have you been on a Guatemala Partnership Trip? If so, share with the group one thing that was impactful for you. If not, why not?
- What is one thing your group can do together to support NDC’s work in Guatemala or the Geigers in Uganda?
- When you pray for a meal this week, say a prayer for our friends in Guatemala and Rachel and Jesse Geiger in Uganda.
- Consider picking one area of the world that has very little Christian presence and learning more about it. Pray for those doing the work of Jesus there.
- Read Psalm 67 out loud each morning this week and spend a few minutes meditating on it.