The first letter we have written to the earliest followers of Jesus has a surprising message for us. As Paul closes the letter, we discover Paul has a final message of correction to the Galatians and us.
Discussion Questions for Gift & Worth (Galatians) Part 12 | November 18, 2018 | Click here for printable version.
Key Bible Passage: Galatians 6:11-18
- Reflect back on your life and consider times when you felt pressured to conform to peer or social pressures. Share one or two of your strongest memories.
- As you think back on your life and experiences, are there ways that you have applied that pressure to others? Share ways you may have put pressure on others to conform in the past and what motivated you to do so.
- As you think about the “long invisible bag” you’re pulling behind you, what are some things that are in your bag? What are things that you’ve changed about yourself or sacrificed over the years to help you survive or succeed?
- As you think about opening the bag and addressing some of the things inside, what thoughts or feelings come to mind for you?
- What next steps do you feel God drawing you toward as you consider what it means to pursue his “new creation” in your life? Are there temptations or desires that you need to submit to God to be “crucified” to you?
What are ways that I need to resist giving in to the pressure to conform and stuff more things into my bag, and what are my next steps to see “new creation” begin or continue in my life?